Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Week.

Well, it's been sort of a blur.

Saturday night Nid and I stayed up. Late. Dierks Bentley was performing on the Grand Ole Opry at 7pm CST. That's 6 hours behind us. I had every intention of taking a nap during the day, but I got sidetracked working on my new blog layout for the blog I will have when we move to Virginia. I did surprisingly well, and 1am came and went and I was good. He performed during the 7pm and 9:30pm showing, so we were up until sometime after 4:30am GMT. We had an online chat at Dierks Fans with a total of 36 Dierks fans stopped by, but we're proud to say that for most of the night we had 19-26 people chatting. Nid recorded the four songs that Dierks sang for everyone to keep for themselves. It was a really great night. I got tired about 3-3:30, but overcame it and thought I was wide awake. Until I got in bed. I think I was asleep within a minute.

Sunday morning we were up at 8:30 because Nid had a football game early. I got up surprisingly easy, and stayed awake all day, but we went to bed early (for us) that night.

Monday was nap day. It was like my body all of a sudden realized that I abused it over the weekend. While we were napping, the mailman left a note in our slot saying I'd missed TWO packages and could pick them up in 20 hours. Random right, 20 hours?

Tuesday we spent the day at the hospital because Nid had some tests, and so we sat. All day we sat. Despite having brought things to do, it was the most boring day. And he couldn't eat. So I didn't eat. It sucked.

This morning we got up early and went to the mail collection place. I got a budget cookbook I'd ordered and this wonderful prize I won on Mid-Atlantic English. It's a London Underground tea tin. I am looking forward to having the tea, and I am going to save the tin to give to my niece for her little kitchen. She has a million kitchen items, but not something like this!

I was very grateful to have received them both. But riding my bike really hurt my elbow that I injured in my bike accident in October. The second I walked in the door, I called the doctor's office. The doctor called me back and I was seen within the hour. Finally, I saw someone who took me seriously. Dr. A listened to what I told him, compared my two arms, twisted and pulled (ouch!) and said that there was definitely something not right, as I could not straighten my arm fully, and it hurt to twist on try to straighten. He offered me an X-Ray or referral to a specialist. I should have an appointment with a specialist within the next 33 days. With my luck, it will be while we are in Sweden, but rescheduling is slightly quicker than getting initial appointments.

So, that has been my week. I'm very proud of what I have accomplished with my new blog, I just need to figure out a name. I am creating my own background image, and getting the sizing and blank spaces to line up are not as easy as it appeared to be in the tutorial, but I'm getting it.


Michelloui said...

Wow! Its so fun to se the tin that sat next to my computer now sitting next to yours... and weird to see my blog up on someone else's computer! Really glad you're pleased with it, thanks again for entering! Its lovely to see you on Mid-Atlantic English so stop by again soon!! x

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here :)